Friday, April 15, 2016

Real Estate Life

When it comes to being a Realtor I know a lot of people think it is just a glamorous job where you go around dressed up in heels and showing fancy houses and you make a lot of money with very little work. I wish it were that simple haha... honestly, we put in a lot of hours 7 days a week and we only make money if we sell a home/property. So, most of the time we work for free pulling listings, showing homes, driving to and from properties, phone calls, answering questions, etc.. and sometimes that client (family members even) that you have spent so much time with you may never make any money because they use you to see homes and get info then they contact the listing agent or another agent and put in an offer (sometimes not knowing of how real estate works) and once they have done that then you are out of the deal. Yep, it has happened to me...more than once... and it will happen again I'm positive!! Hey, its life.. it stinks at the time that you lost money but it is not the end of the world and tomorrow is a new day, put on a smile, move on and try to brighten someone elses day!


My inspiration to become a Realtor came from a beautiful woman whom I loved very much, my Husband's Grandmother, Nana was an amazing Realtor (and person--anyone that knew her loved everything about her) and she always told me that I needed to go to school and get my license to become a Realtor. She knew how much of a people person I was and how I would do anything to help others in any way so she always said "you will do great being a Real Estate Agent" after Nana passed away I knew exactly what I was going to do and I did it and could not be more blessed! I immediately started at Platinum Properties and knew it was the perfect fit, we are like a big family here and I am constantly learning new things, growing and bettering myself! I miss Nana every single day but I know she is here with me....she loved Real Estate and so do I!!!

Nana with Connor when he was a baby! She LOVED this boy more than anything!
Now, for Connor's funny conversation from last night... we are eating at Corner Bakery and Connor tells us " we are gonna milk a cow at school tomorrow"
we all look around and I am like What?! Milk a cow? Who's bringing a cow? 
Connor: a dairy man is bringing it....you milk the cow by squeezing its bottom (he was being so serious when he said this too and then just keeps eating his food)...
We all died laughing and my mom said No, its not their bottom have you not seen the shows on TV with cows?! He then says "yeah, i know it is their privates you squeeze".... we just laughed and told him he needed to finish eating... hopefully if they are really learning about that at school today he figures out more than he knows now...LOL!!!





3 comments:

  1. Nana would be so incredibly proud of you. The two of you were like two peas in a pod. I'm proud of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana would be so incredibly proud of you. The two of you were like two peas in a pod. I'm proud of you, too.

    ReplyDelete